Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria, Ibrahim Tanko reveals how ‘height’ delayed his school enrolment

At the Senate screening for his confirmation as substantive Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Ibrahim Tanko narrated how his ‘height challenge’ delayed his school enrolment in 1960.


One year later (1961) after he came back, his height wasn't better but he was asked to begin after his answers to questions he was asked by teachers gave off his intelligence. 

“In 1960, I went to be enrolled in school, but because I was too short and smallish, I was asked to go back to return the following year. ”
“Again in 1961, I went back, but my height had not improved, but because when they asked me, I would answer intelligently, they now admitted me.”

Justice Tanko, who underwent his screening for confirmation as the substantive Chief Justice of Nigeria after six months in acting capacity,  was born in 1953 in Doguwa, Kano State. 

Comments