Nigeria Is Rich, But Her Citizens Are Extremely Poor - Buhari

 

The Presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), on Wednesday said that though Nigeria is a rich nation, its people are extremely poor due to bad governance, The PUNCH reports.



He said his administration would focus on how best   to “make the condition of living of the common man the index for the assessment of our policies and not the amount of billionaires our administration would have made.”

“I have said that I live the life of a pensioner. I share the burden and anxiety of majority of our poor, powerless people. I have offered myself on the platform of the All Progressives Congress, the party of change, because I desire to give back to a country that clothed, fed and trained me to be what I am today. Our people are poor. But our country is rich.”

According to The PUNCH, the former Head of State, who berated the President Goodluck Jonathan administration over   rising poverty in the country, said, “In a nation where a few individuals could raise N21bn because they wanted to make their friend President, millions of citizens, who truly own the resources being accumulated by a few, are left to suffer in sorrow, tears and blood.

Comments